Group Pre-Employment Transition Services
Providing Young Adults with a Solid Pathway to Independence
With over 20 years of experience in providing youth programs focused on career and personal development, Skills Inc. has helped hundreds of young people discover and improve their abilities, and transition from school to work with confidence.
DO YOU WANT TO:
- Gain hands-on work experience?
- Improve your communication skills?
- Learn job interview techniques?
- Explore professional career opportunities?
Pre-Employment Transition Workshops
To assist more young adults with disabilities, Skills Inc. has partnered with the Washington State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to offer Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) including workshops and workplace opportunities for eligible students in school districts in South King County and North Pierce County.
- Workplace Communication
- Job Readiness
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Career Exploration
- Building Your Strengths
NO COST TO ELIGIBLE STUDENTS WHO:
- Are students between the ages of 16-21
- Receive special education services, with an IEP or 504 Plan
- Are currently or potentially an eligible Pre-ETS client
- Are transitioning from school to work
Current OPPORTUNITIES: FALL 2021
Knowing how and when to share details about your disability can improve your educational, employment, and social life. These Self-Advocacy Workshops will prepare you with confidence and strategies to make an informed choice about disclosing your disability.
LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR
Wednesdays 4-5pm, starting 10/20/21
- Resilient Mindset: The 5 Selves – 1 hour
- Get to Know Disability Rights – 1 hour
- Discussing Accommodations – 1 hour
LIVE IN-PERSON (South King County, Pierce County)
Custom scheduling available for onsite workshops at your school. Contact us to set up a specific day and time.
- Overcoming Obstacles
- How & When to Share Your Disability
- Pursuing Independence
- Workplace Success Strategies
- Brief History of Disability Rights
If interested in this program, please contact Kevin Wehman at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email Bianca Kolle, from DVR at email@example.com. Before registering, you will need to complete the Pre-ETS consent form.
WHAT OUR PAST STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY:
“Skills has definitely changed my life in big ways. The staff will work with you, they are very patient. It’s a very lovely company.” – Shanika
“I really appreciate everything that the Skills staff does so students can have an amazing experience like I did. Thank you!” – Ethan
“I think Skills Inc. offers a wide selection of opportunities for young people to find things that they are interested in.” – Kara
These services were developed in partnership with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.